My Digital Fun Place

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Been a While...

Busy, Busy, Busy and Digi Stores

I haven't been on in quite a while. I have been very very busy with work and things. I have managed to find time to do some layouts, you can check them out at http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/. I really like this site. I have even tried to become a Supreme Team Member, but I think it is kind of like school - they have cliques. Still the challenges definitely inspire.

While reading some of my favorite blogs, I came across Sweet Shoppe Designs, I love it. There is a designer there that does blog layouts. She is to be thanked for the updated layout I now have here. I also discovered it was another place to find Misty Cato. I really love her stuff. Stocked up on some. The designer that I have to thank for my blog update is Zoe Pearn. She has some real nice stuff. She also partners with others to create some fabulous kits. Go to the shop and check it out. You won't be disappointed.


Charity Starts at Home

My family and I did a walk for Hopice at the end of September. They were instrumental in allowing my Mom to be home in the end. So to thank them, we walk and raise money. This year it was a little wet... but still worth it. Here is a layout that I did of the group from the walk.

This was our 2nd year walking. We raised about $3800.00. Less than last year, but still ok.

Our goal is to do this every year, as long as we are still around. A local paper wrote an article about my family and our walk. You can find it here.

The Economy

So who out there is worried? I have a small pension fund that lost 1/4 of its value when I checked it last at the end of September. I am not sure it even exists anymore. I am thankful that my husband and I are still employed. But with 2 kids approaching college in the next couple of years, there are worries.

Well I must go for now. I will check back this weekend and post a freebie I have been working on. Again thanks to Zoe for my new blog layout.

No comments: